BY Benjamin Ryan
October 08 2009 10:00 AM ET
Here’s more proof of why it’s so important for you and your primary caregiver to select the most effective and best-tolerated initial antiretroviral regimen. A study presented at the Ninth International Congress on Drug Therapy in HIV Infection has shown that treatment failure is twice as likely to occur with a second-line regimen as with first-line treatment. So be sure to be candid with your physician about your specific needs, lifestyle issues, side-effect fears, and treatment expectations when you both decide the time is right for you to start anti-HIV meds.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times