AIDS Walk Colorado officials say previously reported figures are wrong
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Officials with AIDS Walk Colorado say that previous media reports of the number of walkers participating in the event, held August 25, and the amount of money raised are inaccurate. Agency staff are currently conducting a thorough accounting of money raised at the event and expect to have final figures available by the end of the first week of September.
Preliminary reports that this year's event had about 7,500 participants, down from 2001's total of 12,000, are inaccurate, according to Jacqueline Walker, director of public relations for the Colorado AIDS Project, the beneficiary of the fund-raiser. The 7,500 figure previously reported represents the number of preregistered walkers and not the total number taking part in the event, which has not yet been announced. The 7,500 preregistered walkers is a figure similar to the number of preregistered walkers in past events, according to a Colorado AIDS Project press release.
The agency also has not released official statements on the total funds raised. Previous reports indicated that Colorado AIDS Walk organizers expected the returns to be significantly lower this year.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 1 hour 37 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 2 hours 21 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 2 hours 39 min ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 2 hours 52 min ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM