AIDS Walk Colorado officials say previously reported figures are wrong
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2002 11:00 PM ET
Officials with AIDS Walk Colorado say that previous media reports of the number of walkers participating in the event, held August 25, and the amount of money raised are inaccurate. Agency staff are currently conducting a thorough accounting of money raised at the event and expect to have final figures available by the end of the first week of September.
Preliminary reports that this year's event had about 7,500 participants, down from 2001's total of 12,000, are inaccurate, according to Jacqueline Walker, director of public relations for the Colorado AIDS Project, the beneficiary of the fund-raiser. The 7,500 figure previously reported represents the number of preregistered walkers and not the total number taking part in the event, which has not yet been announced. The 7,500 preregistered walkers is a figure similar to the number of preregistered walkers in past events, according to a Colorado AIDS Project press release.
The agency also has not released official statements on the total funds raised. Previous reports indicated that Colorado AIDS Walk organizers expected the returns to be significantly lower this year.
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 51 min 17 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 1 hour 50 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 1 hour 51 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM