Pallotta TeamWorks will distribute proceeds from California AIDS Ride
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2002 12:00 AM ET
Although Pallotta TeamWorks, the organizer of the nation's AIDS Rides, shut its office and laid off its staff in late August, the agency will still distribute proceeds from June's California AIDS Ride to beneficiary AIDS Project Los Angeles, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. California AIDS Ride 9 took in $2.7 million and had 700 participants, down from $11.5 million raised and 2,000 participants in 2001. APLA executive director Craig Thompson said his organization will distribute all the proceeds from the AIDS Ride to 15 charities around the state, once the organization is able to settle final bills with Pallotta TeamWorks. Pallotta TeamWorks will forfeit its standard promotional fee for the ride because expenses ate up more than half the money raised--a cap Pallotta agreed to with APLA, Thompson said.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'