AIDS awareness is new postal theme
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
The United Nations Postal Administration has issued a set of three stamps and three semipostal souvenir sheets on the theme of AIDS awareness to help publicize the U.N.'s almost two-decade-long struggle against the disease. The stamps feature a view of the U.N. building in New York with the AIDS emblem in front.
The semipostal souvenir sheets were the first such sheets ever issued by UNPA. A semipostal stamp costs more than a regular stamp and is issued to raise funds in support of a designated charity cause. The additional amount added to the postage rate for this issue will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM