AIDS awareness is new postal theme
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
The United Nations Postal Administration has issued a set of three stamps and three semipostal souvenir sheets on the theme of AIDS awareness to help publicize the U.N.'s almost two-decade-long struggle against the disease. The stamps feature a view of the U.N. building in New York with the AIDS emblem in front.
The semipostal souvenir sheets were the first such sheets ever issued by UNPA. A semipostal stamp costs more than a regular stamp and is issued to raise funds in support of a designated charity cause. The additional amount added to the postage rate for this issue will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'