AIDS awareness is new postal theme
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
The United Nations Postal Administration has issued a set of three stamps and three semipostal souvenir sheets on the theme of AIDS awareness to help publicize the U.N.'s almost two-decade-long struggle against the disease. The stamps feature a view of the U.N. building in New York with the AIDS emblem in front.
The semipostal souvenir sheets were the first such sheets ever issued by UNPA. A semipostal stamp costs more than a regular stamp and is issued to raise funds in support of a designated charity cause. The additional amount added to the postage rate for this issue will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
- Broadway Bares Gets Naked for the 25th Time
- 16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi
- WATCH: The Gays Are Recruiting, Warns Pat Robertson
- PHOTOS: The Bare Truths of Trans Men
- WATCH: Funny or Die Envisions Parental Response to Josh Duggar's Sex Abuse Scandal
- Op-ed: A 13-Year-Old, the Minnesota Governor, and LGBT Rights