AIDS awareness is new postal theme
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
The United Nations Postal Administration has issued a set of three stamps and three semipostal souvenir sheets on the theme of AIDS awareness to help publicize the U.N.'s almost two-decade-long struggle against the disease. The stamps feature a view of the U.N. building in New York with the AIDS emblem in front.
The semipostal souvenir sheets were the first such sheets ever issued by UNPA. A semipostal stamp costs more than a regular stamp and is issued to raise funds in support of a designated charity cause. The additional amount added to the postage rate for this issue will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Reno Mayor Apologizes After Flying Rainbow Flag Over City Hall