NBA player to appear in HIV prevention PSA
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
NBA player Nene Hilario of the Denver Nuggets will appear in a new United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime public service announcement to increase awareness of HIV prevention methods, UNODC announced Wednesday. The 30-second television spot will debut later this month and be shown in several countries around the world. Hilario, a native of Brazil, will urge people to practice safer sex, to avoid sharing needles, and to help educate others about the disease. The ad will be produced in English, Spanish, and Portuguese versions.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality