NBA player to appear in HIV prevention PSA
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
NBA player Nene Hilario of the Denver Nuggets will appear in a new United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime public service announcement to increase awareness of HIV prevention methods, UNODC announced Wednesday. The 30-second television spot will debut later this month and be shown in several countries around the world. Hilario, a native of Brazil, will urge people to practice safer sex, to avoid sharing needles, and to help educate others about the disease. The ad will be produced in English, Spanish, and Portuguese versions.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet