NBA player to appear in HIV prevention PSA
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
NBA player Nene Hilario of the Denver Nuggets will appear in a new United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime public service announcement to increase awareness of HIV prevention methods, UNODC announced Wednesday. The 30-second television spot will debut later this month and be shown in several countries around the world. Hilario, a native of Brazil, will urge people to practice safer sex, to avoid sharing needles, and to help educate others about the disease. The ad will be produced in English, Spanish, and Portuguese versions.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City