AIDS Walk Detroit raises $300,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 23 2003 11:00 PM ET
About 8,000 walkers raised more than $300,000 at the 13th annual AIDS Walk Detroit on September 21, the Detroit Free Press reports. This year's event drew about 800 more registered participants than the 2002 walk, event organizers said. Money raised will be distributed by Royal Oak, Mich.-based Steppin' Out to more than a dozen HIV/AIDS service organizations in the Detroit area.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6