AIDS Walk Detroit raises $300,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 8,000 walkers raised more than $300,000 at the 13th annual AIDS Walk Detroit on September 21, the Detroit Free Press reports. This year's event drew about 800 more registered participants than the 2002 walk, event organizers said. Money raised will be distributed by Royal Oak, Mich.-based Steppin' Out to more than a dozen HIV/AIDS service organizations in the Detroit area.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Op-ed: What I Learned Protesting in Ferguson
- #TBT: Greetings, Gents
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'