AIDS Walk Detroit raises $300,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 8,000 walkers raised more than $300,000 at the 13th annual AIDS Walk Detroit on September 21, the Detroit Free Press reports. This year's event drew about 800 more registered participants than the 2002 walk, event organizers said. Money raised will be distributed by Royal Oak, Mich.-based Steppin' Out to more than a dozen HIV/AIDS service organizations in the Detroit area.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- With Marriage Off the Table, Is Trans Community the New Target?