AIDS Walk Detroit raises $300,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 8,000 walkers raised more than $300,000 at the 13th annual AIDS Walk Detroit on September 21, the Detroit Free Press reports. This year's event drew about 800 more registered participants than the 2002 walk, event organizers said. Money raised will be distributed by Royal Oak, Mich.-based Steppin' Out to more than a dozen HIV/AIDS service organizations in the Detroit area.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word