AIDS Walk Detroit raises $300,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 8,000 walkers raised more than $300,000 at the 13th annual AIDS Walk Detroit on September 21, the Detroit Free Press reports. This year's event drew about 800 more registered participants than the 2002 walk, event organizers said. Money raised will be distributed by Royal Oak, Mich.-based Steppin' Out to more than a dozen HIV/AIDS service organizations in the Detroit area.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide