Hawaii physician named GayHealth.com/GLMA Provider of the Year
November 02 2004 1:00 AM ET
Hawaii physician Tyronne Dang was named the GayHealth.com/Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Provider of the Year at the 22nd annual GLMA conference, held October 21-23 in Rancho Mirage, Calif. Dang, who is openly gay and practices in Honolulu, serves a diverse patient population, including patients whose primary language is Vietnamese. He is a former refugee who escaped Vietnam by boat and resettled in Hawaii. "Dr. Dang has an exceptionally caring and personable approach to his patients, and he's committed to making the doctor-patient experience fulfilling," says Stephen Goldstone, MD, the medical director of GayHealth.com. "He refuses to compromise his ideals, and he is an excellent role model."
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'