Hawaii physician named GayHealth.com/GLMA Provider of the Year
November 02 2004 12:00 AM ET
Hawaii physician Tyronne Dang was named the GayHealth.com/Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Provider of the Year at the 22nd annual GLMA conference, held October 21-23 in Rancho Mirage, Calif. Dang, who is openly gay and practices in Honolulu, serves a diverse patient population, including patients whose primary language is Vietnamese. He is a former refugee who escaped Vietnam by boat and resettled in Hawaii. "Dr. Dang has an exceptionally caring and personable approach to his patients, and he's committed to making the doctor-patient experience fulfilling," says Stephen Goldstone, MD, the medical director of GayHealth.com. "He refuses to compromise his ideals, and he is an excellent role model."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View