Hawaii physician named GayHealth.com/GLMA Provider of the Year
November 02 2004 1:00 AM ET
Hawaii physician Tyronne Dang was named the GayHealth.com/Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Provider of the Year at the 22nd annual GLMA conference, held October 21-23 in Rancho Mirage, Calif. Dang, who is openly gay and practices in Honolulu, serves a diverse patient population, including patients whose primary language is Vietnamese. He is a former refugee who escaped Vietnam by boat and resettled in Hawaii. "Dr. Dang has an exceptionally caring and personable approach to his patients, and he's committed to making the doctor-patient experience fulfilling," says Stephen Goldstone, MD, the medical director of GayHealth.com. "He refuses to compromise his ideals, and he is an excellent role model."
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition