Does It Come in Pink or Blue?
February 22 2008 1:00 AM ET
champion of gender equality, plans to introduce unisex
underwear for hospital patients in a move designed to save
both money and space, the project leader said
Standards Institute has developed a new boxer-style
underwear that is considered equally suitable for male
and female patients.
currently have four different models of underwear: two
for men and two for women.
Switching to one
model will save money because hospitals can buy greater
quantities at a better price, project leader Tuula
Cammersand said. It is also an issue of space.
''A lot of people
have complained that the different types take up a lot
of space because you need all the different models and in
different sizes,'' Cammersand said.
The new boxers
are expected to receive final approval in April and be
introduced before the summer, she said. (AP)
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride May 20 2013 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 May 20 2013 6:00 PM