Does It Come in Pink or Blue?
February 22 2008 1:00 AM ET
champion of gender equality, plans to introduce unisex
underwear for hospital patients in a move designed to save
both money and space, the project leader said
Standards Institute has developed a new boxer-style
underwear that is considered equally suitable for male
and female patients.
currently have four different models of underwear: two
for men and two for women.
Switching to one
model will save money because hospitals can buy greater
quantities at a better price, project leader Tuula
Cammersand said. It is also an issue of space.
''A lot of people
have complained that the different types take up a lot
of space because you need all the different models and in
different sizes,'' Cammersand said.
The new boxers
are expected to receive final approval in April and be
introduced before the summer, she said. (AP)
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 31 min 7 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 34 min 52 sec ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 56 min 45 sec ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 1 hour 8 sec ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 2 hours 25 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 5:39 PM
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 5:22 PM