WATCH: No, For The Last Time, Men Attracted to Trans Women Aren't Gay
BY Justin Hernandez
February 10 2014 5:57 PM ET
When it comes to matters of attraction and dating, sometimes it’s better to hear information that’s based purely on personal experience rather than statistical data. The Dollhouse’s Kat Blaque posted a video to the group’s YouTube channel recently to address the topic of whether men who are attracted to transgender women could be considered gay. There is no scientific information presented in the video; it's just the thoughts and opinions of a trans woman on the subject.
In the eight-minute clip, Blaque breaks down the old, outdated, black-and-white definitions of sexuality and reveals the gray area that exists within the spectrum of these labels. It is candidly refreshing and a reminder that love can’t always be put into specific categories.
JUSTIN HERNANDEZ writes about sex, dating, and relationships for The Advocate. Follow him on Twitter at @HernandezJustin.
CLARIFICATION: A headline with an earlier version of this story inadvertently reiterated the question being answered.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?