WATCH: No, For The Last Time, Men Attracted to Trans Women Aren't Gay
BY Justin Hernandez
February 10 2014 5:57 PM ET
When it comes to matters of attraction and dating, sometimes it’s better to hear information that’s based purely on personal experience rather than statistical data. The Dollhouse’s Kat Blaque posted a video to the group’s YouTube channel recently to address the topic of whether men who are attracted to transgender women could be considered gay. There is no scientific information presented in the video; it's just the thoughts and opinions of a trans woman on the subject.
In the eight-minute clip, Blaque breaks down the old, outdated, black-and-white definitions of sexuality and reveals the gray area that exists within the spectrum of these labels. It is candidly refreshing and a reminder that love can’t always be put into specific categories.
JUSTIN HERNANDEZ writes about sex, dating, and relationships for The Advocate. Follow him on Twitter at @HernandezJustin.
CLARIFICATION: A headline with an earlier version of this story inadvertently reiterated the question being answered.
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Can San Francisco Become the First AIDS-Free City?
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 2 hours 52 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM