WATCH: Romance Develops From Social Media Networking
BY Justin Hernandez
February 26 2014 2:23 PM ET
The stories of people who meet and establish romantic relationships on social media networks have almost become urban legend. We’ve all heard the tales, but these couples are nowhere to be found when the person who is relaying the story needs to prove they actually exist.
YouTube vlogger MarkE Miller created a video that serves as proof that it is indeed possible to meet and date courtesy of social media. In “How I Met Ethan,” Mark explains how he first met his boyfriend through Facebook’s “People You May Know” feature. After sending a friend request and engaging in some online communication (he includes screen shots of their original messages to each other in the video), their courtship began.
The video, which was first posted on Towleroad, has been making the rounds on the Internet and reminds us that romance can still blossom in our technological, social media-driven age.
Have you tried to meet and date someone through Facebook or any other social media network? What was the experience like for you? Let us know in the comments.
JUSTIN HERNANDEZ writes about sex, dating, and relationships for The Advocate. Follow him on Twitter @HernandezJustin.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law