Cingular offers DP benefits
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2001 1:00 AM ET
The nations second-largest wireless telephone company, Cingular Wireless, announced Monday that will begin offering health benefits to employees same-sex partners and children, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Cingular is a joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications. In December BellSouth announced that it would begin offering benefits to the same-sex partners of its employees in management positions.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism