Cingular offers DP benefits
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2001 1:00 AM ET
The nations second-largest wireless telephone company, Cingular Wireless, announced Monday that will begin offering health benefits to employees same-sex partners and children, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Cingular is a joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications. In December BellSouth announced that it would begin offering benefits to the same-sex partners of its employees in management positions.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback