Big Gay Following: Cameron Diaz
BY Brandon Voss
December 04 2006 12:00 AM ET
The Advocate: How does it feel to be featured in the Big Gay Following section?
Cameron Diaz: When I heard the news I was ecstatic! I’ve always wanted to be in The Advocate. I was trying to figure out how I could get into it, actually.
Do you mind that many of your gay male fans are insanely jealous that you get to sleep with Justin Timberlake?
No, of course not! I’m not at all intimidated. I don’t even care about the girls who flash all their bits and pieces at him. None of that bothers me. I love it! I’m like, “How awesome is your life? How cool is it to be you?” And Justin loves all of his fans. People adore him across the board, and he’s not uncomfortable with any part of it. We love the gays.
How do your gay fans differ from your straight fans?
A gay fan isn’t afraid to gush, which a girl doesn’t mind! The Sweetest Thing seems to have a big gay following.
Totally! It’s a crime that “The Penis Song” in that movie wasn’t nominated for a Best Song Oscar.
And we cut it short — no pun intended — for ratings' sake, of course. But I agree. I felt that if something insulting like “Blame Canada” from South Park can be nominated, why not us? Hey, how about Christina Applegate? How awesome is she? I think she’s probably more popular with the gays than me.
Maybe you two can fight over it.
We might! [Laughs]
That scene in which Christina pretends you’re giving her oral sex while she’s driving has surely fueled many a lesbian fantasy.
I’m sure! Wow, I’ve never even thought of that. That’s interesting. That’s some place to go.
Has your tomboyish personality ever attracted any lesbian advances?
Oh, yeah, definitely. Which I don’t mind at all. I love women. I think they’re amazing and beautiful.
Do you have any celebrity girl-crushes?
I had a major girl-crush on Pamela Anderson. Still do — she’s hot as ever — but she was my first. When I first discovered her I was like, Wow, she’s so beautiful!
What’s your butchest quality?
I’ve always felt I have a very good balance of male-female energy. I’ve always been able to hang with the guys, but I’m also totally a girly-girl. I’m a very feminine woman when it comes to my sexuality, but physically, my arms can become man-like in appearance very quickly. Like when I surf too much I get shredded.
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 18 min 26 sec ago
- World News Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance' 29 min 44 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Whet Your Appetite for Gay Polo's Biggest Event 31 min 9 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel Coast Guard Academy Sees First Same-Sex Engagement Announcement 34 min 58 sec ago
- Television Behind The Candelabra Leads Golden Globes' TV Awards With 4 Noms 1 hour 18 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 11:17 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM