Four Great Places to Eat in the O.C.
BY Advocate Contributors
February 10 2012 5:00 AM ET
Balboa Bay Club & Resort
name suggests, the First Cabin Restaurant is a few feet way from Newport Beach
waterfront and close enough to see inside the docked multi-million-dollar
yachts. The menu highlights steak and seafood (including slow-roasted beef
short ribs and sea scallop and shrimp curry) and Austrian-born chef Josef
Lageder adds some European fare with the paprika rahm schnitzel with veal
scaloppini, spatzle, and braised red cabbage. There are 600 wines for pairing,
from local vineyards to French champagne. (www.balboabayclub.com)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman