BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2010 2:40 PM ET
Focus on the Family is expected to announce Friday that it has
purchased more advertising spots for Super Bowl Sunday.
According to USA Today, the evangelical, antigay group bought time during the pregame show to air a second ad four times. It will also feature Tim Tebow and his mother, Pam, who appear in the original Super Bowl ad that has been the subject of so much controversy.
The first ad, purchased weeks ago, features Pam Tebow talking about how she would not abort her unborn son despite doctor's advice due to a high-risk pregnancy. At one to it showed her adding, "Both of our lives were at risk." It was originally rejected by CBS, Focus on the Family CEO Jim Daly said. "They felt that was too much," he said, so Focus removed that line.
The second advertisement was filmed in Orlando, Fla., last month at the same time as the original.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?