BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2010 2:40 PM ET
Focus on the Family is expected to announce Friday that it has
purchased more advertising spots for Super Bowl Sunday.
According to USA Today, the evangelical, antigay group bought time during the pregame show to air a second ad four times. It will also feature Tim Tebow and his mother, Pam, who appear in the original Super Bowl ad that has been the subject of so much controversy.
The first ad, purchased weeks ago, features Pam Tebow talking about how she would not abort her unborn son despite doctor's advice due to a high-risk pregnancy. At one to it showed her adding, "Both of our lives were at risk." It was originally rejected by CBS, Focus on the Family CEO Jim Daly said. "They felt that was too much," he said, so Focus removed that line.
The second advertisement was filmed in Orlando, Fla., last month at the same time as the original.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp