BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2010 1:40 PM ET
Focus on the Family is expected to announce Friday that it has
purchased more advertising spots for Super Bowl Sunday.
According to USA Today, the evangelical, antigay group bought time during the pregame show to air a second ad four times. It will also feature Tim Tebow and his mother, Pam, who appear in the original Super Bowl ad that has been the subject of so much controversy.
The first ad, purchased weeks ago, features Pam Tebow talking about how she would not abort her unborn son despite doctor's advice due to a high-risk pregnancy. At one to it showed her adding, "Both of our lives were at risk." It was originally rejected by CBS, Focus on the Family CEO Jim Daly said. "They felt that was too much," he said, so Focus removed that line.
The second advertisement was filmed in Orlando, Fla., last month at the same time as the original.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 4 min 24 sec ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM