BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2010 5:10 PM ET
A Dutch political strategist has launched the Pink Army movement and is looking for gay soldiers to sue retired general John Sheehan, who last week blamed the Netherlands' inclusion of gays in the military for massive deaths during the war in Bosnia.
Peter Schouten put out the call for gay soldiers on the website PinkArmy.nl. He said he wants Sheehan to publish a full-page apology in the international press — and attend a course in “sensitivity training.”
On Friday, Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende condemned Sheehan’s comments, calling them “outrageous, wrong, and beneath contempt."
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 18 min 35 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 24 min 35 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 7:04 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM