Gay Dutch Soldiers to Sue Sheehan
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2010 6:10 PM ET
A Dutch political strategist has launched the Pink Army movement and is looking for gay soldiers to sue retired general John Sheehan, who last week blamed the Netherlands' inclusion of gays in the military for massive deaths during the war in Bosnia.
Peter Schouten put out the call for gay soldiers on the website PinkArmy.nl. He said he wants Sheehan to publish a full-page apology in the international press — and attend a course in “sensitivity training.”
On Friday, Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende condemned Sheehan’s comments, calling them “outrageous, wrong, and beneath contempt."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers