Gay Dutch Soldiers to Sue Sheehan
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2010 6:10 PM ET
A Dutch political strategist has launched the Pink Army movement and is looking for gay soldiers to sue retired general John Sheehan, who last week blamed the Netherlands' inclusion of gays in the military for massive deaths during the war in Bosnia.
Peter Schouten put out the call for gay soldiers on the website PinkArmy.nl. He said he wants Sheehan to publish a full-page apology in the international press — and attend a course in “sensitivity training.”
On Friday, Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende condemned Sheehan’s comments, calling them “outrageous, wrong, and beneath contempt."
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 24 min 7 sec ago
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 1 hour 25 min ago
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 2 hours 24 min ago
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM