Gay Dutch Soldiers to Sue Sheehan
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2010 6:10 PM ET
A Dutch political strategist has launched the Pink Army movement and is looking for gay soldiers to sue retired general John Sheehan, who last week blamed the Netherlands' inclusion of gays in the military for massive deaths during the war in Bosnia.
Peter Schouten put out the call for gay soldiers on the website PinkArmy.nl. He said he wants Sheehan to publish a full-page apology in the international press — and attend a course in “sensitivity training.”
On Friday, Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende condemned Sheehan’s comments, calling them “outrageous, wrong, and beneath contempt."
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- One Book to Change Them All
- Millennials Losing Their Religion, Keeping God
- God and the Gay Christian: Southern Baptist Leader Objects
- Oregon Marriage Ban Goes to Court Today, Without NOM's Defense
- WATCH: Mayor's Antigay Remarks 'Crushing,' Says Fired Police Chief