Gay Dutch Soldiers to Sue Sheehan
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2010 6:10 PM ET
A Dutch political strategist has launched the Pink Army movement and is looking for gay soldiers to sue retired general John Sheehan, who last week blamed the Netherlands' inclusion of gays in the military for massive deaths during the war in Bosnia.
Peter Schouten put out the call for gay soldiers on the website PinkArmy.nl. He said he wants Sheehan to publish a full-page apology in the international press — and attend a course in “sensitivity training.”
On Friday, Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende condemned Sheehan’s comments, calling them “outrageous, wrong, and beneath contempt."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad