Gotham Knights Win Bingham Cup
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 12:10 PM ET
New York City’s Gotham Knights are the new champion in international gay rugby after winning the Bingham Cup over the weekend in Minneapolis, Outsports.com reports.
The Knights beat two-time champions the Sydney Convicts 18-15 for the title. Go to Outsports for pictures and more information about the tournament, which is named in honor of Mark Bingham, a gay man and rugby player who was among the passengers killed on United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?