Gotham Knights Win Bingham Cup
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 11:10 AM ET
New York City’s Gotham Knights are the new champion in international gay rugby after winning the Bingham Cup over the weekend in Minneapolis, Outsports.com reports.
The Knights beat two-time champions the Sydney Convicts 18-15 for the title. Go to Outsports for pictures and more information about the tournament, which is named in honor of Mark Bingham, a gay man and rugby player who was among the passengers killed on United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime