Gotham Knights Win Bingham Cup
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 12:10 PM ET
New York City’s Gotham Knights are the new champion in international gay rugby after winning the Bingham Cup over the weekend in Minneapolis, Outsports.com reports.
The Knights beat two-time champions the Sydney Convicts 18-15 for the title. Go to Outsports for pictures and more information about the tournament, which is named in honor of Mark Bingham, a gay man and rugby player who was among the passengers killed on United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Senegalese Journalist Given Six-Month Prison Sentence for Homosexuality