A Lover for Uncle Saul
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 19 2010 6:40 PM ET
Stephen Collins, who for 11 seasons played the patriarch on the family drama 7th Heaven, has signed on to romance Ron Rifkin’s Uncle Saul in a recurring role on Brothers & Sisters.
It’s one of two gigs on ABC the 62-year-old actor snagged this month — he was just promoted to series regular on the network’s new drama No Ordinary Family.
Collins spent 11 years as the Reverend Eric Camden on the highly rated WB drama. He’s coming off a recurring role on another ABC show, Private Practice.
In the fourth-season finale of Brothers & Sisters, it was revealed that Saul is HIV-positive.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- WATCH: Philly Cops Search For Violent Group In Possible Hate Crime Against Gay Couple