Antigay School Official May Keep Job
BY Neal Broverman
October 27 2010 1:50 PM ET
in contact with Midland School District superintendent Dean Stanley.
Johnson says Stanley should be back shortly in Pleasant Plains, the north
Arkansas city where the Midland School District is based. Kimbrell was
on a conference call when contacted on Wednesday, and could not be
reached as of press time.
As far as counseling for students at
the Midland School District, Johnson doesn’t know what’s being down at
its schools, which she described as 200 miles from Little Rock.
we are concerned,” she said. “We don’t want there to be any bad
consequences that can be traced back to this. We have a unit that deals
with civil rights complaints—we’ll be ready and watchful.”
Johnson added that school board members like McCance are required to attend six hours of education-related training.
like [McCance’s postings] would come under our code of ethics for
professional educators,” she said, adding the caveat that, “I think a
lot of policy and law has yet to catch up with [social media].”
Arkansas Times reached McCance on his cell phone on Wednesday, but he
refused to comment further than saying the matter “had been blown out of
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 1 hour 21 min ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM