Ricky and Portia Do Oprah
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2010 6:00 PM ET
It's a gay week for The Oprah Winfrey Show.
On Monday, Oprah will sit down with Portia de Rossi (who legally changed her last name to DeGeneres last month but still uses de Rossi professionally) to discuss her new book "Unbearable Lightness" and her struggles with anorexia and coming out.
The following day, Ricky Martin appears on the show. His book Me hits bookstores Tuesday, and he invited the talk show host into his home to talk about coming out and fathering twins with the help of a surrogate.
On Wednesday, Oprah will talk with Marie Osmond about the death of her son Michael. Last year Osmond made headlines after a tabloid outed her daughter. She then told a radio station she supports her gay daughter and gay rights, despite her Mormon upbringing.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Op-ed: When A Trip to Provincetown Helps Moms And Dads Find Strength
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples