Ricky and Portia Do Oprah
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2010 6:00 PM ET
It's a gay week for The Oprah Winfrey Show.
On Monday, Oprah will sit down with Portia de Rossi (who legally changed her last name to DeGeneres last month but still uses de Rossi professionally) to discuss her new book "Unbearable Lightness" and her struggles with anorexia and coming out.
The following day, Ricky Martin appears on the show. His book Me hits bookstores Tuesday, and he invited the talk show host into his home to talk about coming out and fathering twins with the help of a surrogate.
On Wednesday, Oprah will talk with Marie Osmond about the death of her son Michael. Last year Osmond made headlines after a tabloid outed her daughter. She then told a radio station she supports her gay daughter and gay rights, despite her Mormon upbringing.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy