Ricky and Portia Do Oprah
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2010 6:00 PM ET
It's a gay week for The Oprah Winfrey Show.
On Monday, Oprah will sit down with Portia de Rossi (who legally changed her last name to DeGeneres last month but still uses de Rossi professionally) to discuss her new book "Unbearable Lightness" and her struggles with anorexia and coming out.
The following day, Ricky Martin appears on the show. His book Me hits bookstores Tuesday, and he invited the talk show host into his home to talk about coming out and fathering twins with the help of a surrogate.
On Wednesday, Oprah will talk with Marie Osmond about the death of her son Michael. Last year Osmond made headlines after a tabloid outed her daughter. She then told a radio station she supports her gay daughter and gay rights, despite her Mormon upbringing.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 39 min 41 sec ago
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 1 hour 33 min ago
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 1 hour 56 min ago
- Politics Big Repub Donors Fund Push for ENDA 2 hours 38 min ago
- Love and Sex Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something 2 hours 39 min ago
- Media Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview 2 hours 59 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games 3:07 PM