Colfer: Hero to Young Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2010 6:25 PM ET
Glee actor Chris Colfer tells Entertainment Weekly that he's receiving stacks of mail from young fans thankful for his gay character, Kurt.
GregInHollywood has a snippet of the interview, which comes after a recent episode of the Fox program featuring Kurt's homophobic bully planting a kiss on him.
“With all due respect to my castmates, they don’t get the letters like I get — the letters that not only say ‘I’m your biggest fan,’ but also, ‘Kurt saved my life’ and ‘Kurt doesn’t make me feel alone’ from 7-year-olds in Nebraska," Colfer told EW. "When I was growing up, there wasn’t a character like this. I think what makes Kurt so special is he’s finding himself in front of our eyes.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation 2 hours 46 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK 5:20 PM