Colfer: Hero to Young Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2010 5:25 PM ET
Glee actor Chris Colfer tells Entertainment Weekly that he's receiving stacks of mail from young fans thankful for his gay character, Kurt.
GregInHollywood has a snippet of the interview, which comes after a recent episode of the Fox program featuring Kurt's homophobic bully planting a kiss on him.
“With all due respect to my castmates, they don’t get the letters like I get — the letters that not only say ‘I’m your biggest fan,’ but also, ‘Kurt saved my life’ and ‘Kurt doesn’t make me feel alone’ from 7-year-olds in Nebraska," Colfer told EW. "When I was growing up, there wasn’t a character like this. I think what makes Kurt so special is he’s finding himself in front of our eyes.”
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 1 hour 59 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM