Colfer: Hero to Young Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2010 6:25 PM ET
Glee actor Chris Colfer tells Entertainment Weekly that he's receiving stacks of mail from young fans thankful for his gay character, Kurt.
GregInHollywood has a snippet of the interview, which comes after a recent episode of the Fox program featuring Kurt's homophobic bully planting a kiss on him.
“With all due respect to my castmates, they don’t get the letters like I get — the letters that not only say ‘I’m your biggest fan,’ but also, ‘Kurt saved my life’ and ‘Kurt doesn’t make me feel alone’ from 7-year-olds in Nebraska," Colfer told EW. "When I was growing up, there wasn’t a character like this. I think what makes Kurt so special is he’s finding himself in front of our eyes.”
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series