Elton Picks Lesbian Godmothers
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2011 3:25 PM ET
New parents Elton John and David Furnish have named two close friends, a lesbian couple, to be their son's godparents.
Magazine editor Ingrid Sischy and her partner, Sandy Brant, will be godmothers for Zachary Furnish-John, who was born on Christmas Day to a surrogate mother.
The four have been friends for years and vacation together regularly. An unnamed source told the Daily Mail that Sischy and Brant were among a small handful of people Furnish and John entrusted with the details of the surrogate pregnancy.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP
- WATCH: Ellen Predicts the World Series With Male Strippers
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People