Elton Picks Lesbian Godmothers
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2011 3:25 PM ET
New parents Elton John and David Furnish have named two close friends, a lesbian couple, to be their son's godparents.
Magazine editor Ingrid Sischy and her partner, Sandy Brant, will be godmothers for Zachary Furnish-John, who was born on Christmas Day to a surrogate mother.
The four have been friends for years and vacation together regularly. An unnamed source told the Daily Mail that Sischy and Brant were among a small handful of people Furnish and John entrusted with the details of the surrogate pregnancy.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun