Elton Picks Lesbian Godmothers
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2011 3:25 PM ET
New parents Elton John and David Furnish have named two close friends, a lesbian couple, to be their son's godparents.
Magazine editor Ingrid Sischy and her partner, Sandy Brant, will be godmothers for Zachary Furnish-John, who was born on Christmas Day to a surrogate mother.
The four have been friends for years and vacation together regularly. An unnamed source told the Daily Mail that Sischy and Brant were among a small handful of people Furnish and John entrusted with the details of the surrogate pregnancy.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses