Elton Picks Lesbian Godmothers
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2011 3:25 PM ET
New parents Elton John and David Furnish have named two close friends, a lesbian couple, to be their son's godparents.
Magazine editor Ingrid Sischy and her partner, Sandy Brant, will be godmothers for Zachary Furnish-John, who was born on Christmas Day to a surrogate mother.
The four have been friends for years and vacation together regularly. An unnamed source told the Daily Mail that Sischy and Brant were among a small handful of people Furnish and John entrusted with the details of the surrogate pregnancy.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- 22 Russians Who We Won't Let Vladimir Putin Forget Were LGBT
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 29 min 44 sec ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 42 min 59 sec ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 55 min 38 sec ago
- Uganda WATCH: Meet the American Evangelical Behind Uganda's Antigay Law 58 min 19 sec ago
- Women WATCH: 7 New Orphan Black Season 2 Teasers to Hold You Over! 1 hour 1 min ago
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 2 hours 31 min ago
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 2 hours 35 min ago