Elton Picks Lesbian Godmothers
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2011 3:25 PM ET
New parents Elton John and David Furnish have named two close friends, a lesbian couple, to be their son's godparents.
Magazine editor Ingrid Sischy and her partner, Sandy Brant, will be godmothers for Zachary Furnish-John, who was born on Christmas Day to a surrogate mother.
The four have been friends for years and vacation together regularly. An unnamed source told the Daily Mail that Sischy and Brant were among a small handful of people Furnish and John entrusted with the details of the surrogate pregnancy.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- Pope Francis Praises Author of LGBT-Inclusive Kids' Book