Antigay Activist Blames Bird Death on DADT Repeal
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2011 1:25 PM ET
Antigay activist Cindy Jacobs of Generals International said over the weekend that the recent rash of bird deaths occurred because the law barring gays and lesbians from serving openly in the military was repealed.
She said that when a nation makes a change against God's principles, "nature itself will begin to talk to us — for instance, violent storms, flooding ... the blackbirds fell to the ground in Beebe, Ark. Well the governor of Arkansas’s name is Beebe. And also, there was something put out of Arkansas called 'don’t ask, don’t tell' by a former governor, this was proposed, Bill Clinton. As so, could there be a connection between this passage [Hosea 4] and now that we’ve had the repeal of the don’t ask, don’t tell, where people now legally in the United States have broken restraints with the Scripture because the Scripture says in Romans 1 that homosexuality is not allowed."
The deaths of large groups of birds and fish have caused alarm around the world. Groups of hundreds or thousands of dead birds have been found in Arkansas, Louisiana, Maryland, and recently, California.
Watch her video message below:
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 2 hours 39 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM