Rep. Introduces Bill Against Gay Families
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 14 2011 1:30 PM ET
Rep. Randy Forbes, a Republican from Virginia, Thursday introduced the Parental Title Protection Act, which would require federal agencies and contractors to describe parents as “mother” and “father” on official documents.
HRC Back Story blog reports on the antigay proposal, H.R. 635.
“In a press release, Forbes argues that ‘symbolism is important’ and that his legislation is necessary to prevent even ‘subtle’ changes that ‘undermine the traditional American family relationships that have served as the bedrock of our nation since its inception.’”
Millions of children are being raised by same-sex partners in the United States, where one in every three lesbians and one in every five gay men are estimated to be parents.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death