Hackers Target Westboro Baptist Church
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 19 2011 7:00 PM ET
An anonymous, pro-Wikileaks group is threatening to
"eradicate" the Westboro Baptist Church's inflammatory websites if its virulently antigay members do
not stop their protests in 2011.
CBS News reports that the group, dubbed simply as "Anonymous" and known for hacking into a private security firm's computer systems earlier this month, wrote in an open letter to WBC members: "We will target your public Websites, and the propaganda &
detestable doctrine that you promote will be eradicated; the damage
incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your
congregation will ever be able to fully recover.
"It is in your best
interest to comply now, while the option to do so is still being
offered, because we will not relent until you cease the conduction
& promotion of all your bigoted operations & doctrines," the group wrote.
Read the story here.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'