Ben Cohen Cruises to Combat Homophobia
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2011 6:45 PM ET
Former rugby superstar Ben Cohen plans to take his anti-bullying message to the high seas when sails from Rome to Venice in September.
In September, Cohen will take his recently launched Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation’s anti-bullying campaign and Acceptance Tour aboard Source Event’s Gay Rome to Venice Cruise aboard the world’s largest sailing yacht, the Wind Surf. Ports of call for the cruise include Capri, Taormina (Sicily), Kotor (Montenegro), Dubrovnik, and Hvar (Croatia).
Tales of the City author Armistead Maupin will join Cohen on the cruise as a featured guest speaker and released a statement saying, “Ben is heroic in every in every sense of the word. And I plan to tell him personally when we cruise from Rome to Venice.”
Last month Cohen, who is straight, announced his retirement from the sport to devote more time to his foundation, which is dedicated to fighting against bullying throughout the world.
Cohen is also interviewed for the cover story of the July issue of the U.K.'s Gay Times magazine.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Speak 52 sec ago
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 37 min 24 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 47 min 6 sec ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 1 hour 25 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM