Chaz Bono Honored For Promoting Transgender Visibility
BY Jeremy Kinser
October 12 2011 1:14 PM ET
Activist and Dancing With The Stars contestant Chaz Bono has been commended for working since 1995 to make "our movement stronger" and will be honored with the prestigious Board of Directors award by the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center.
“Chaz has been a trailblazer in our community for many years, bravely speaking his truth and working to make our movement stronger," says the Center's CEO Lorri Jean. "He has continued that leadership since coming out as a transgender man. No other person has done more than Chaz to promote visibility and understanding about the reality of transgender people. His courageous example is helping transgender youth and their families throughout the world. That’s great progress not only for the LGBT community, but for society as a whole.”
The Center’s 40th Anniversary Gala, which will also honor actors Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, will be hosted by Leslie Jordan and will feature Jane Lynch on November 12. For more information, visit lagaycenter.org.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis