Ricky Martin's Photo Shoot With His Partner and Children
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 21 2012 10:15 PM ET
Entertainer Ricky Martin poses with his longtime partner, stockbroker Carlos Gonzalez Abella, and twin sons Matteo and Valentino for a photo shoot for Vanity Fair.
Martin discusses the usually press-shy Abella in the April issue of The Advocate, revealing that the different occupations and personalities of the two men complement one another. "He leaves the house every day in a suit and tie and that is so sexy. It’s two different worlds — his and mine," Martin says. "I know as much about his world as he knows about my world, which makes it really cool.”
The iconic performer, who is currently in previews for the Broadway revival of Evita, also shares that his 3-year-old sons have very different and distinctive personalities. “Valentino is mister peace and love,” Martin says. “He loves flowers and nature. If I ever wonder where he is, he’ll be somewhere behind the bushes covered in mud. He’s just at one with nature. He’s very Zen and noble.” Martin says that Matteo is the more take-charge of the twins. “He’s more alpha and a leader. He’s like, ‘You don’t do that, this is what you do.’ He tells his brother what to do and what not to do.”
Read our profile of Martin here. See behind-the-scenes photos from the Vanity Fair shoot here.
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- The Log Cabin Republicans' Uncertain Future
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes