Conservatives and Liberals: Who Has Better Gaydar?
BY Christopher Rudolph
March 22 2013 5:40 PM ET
A new study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology sought to answer whether conservatives or liberal have better gaydar. A group of research subjects were asked to decide whether people were gay or straight just by looking at their face. After they made their decisions, they were asked their political views. “Thus emerged evidence that conservatives, but not liberals, tend to rate more ‘feminine’ male faces — e.g., having high cheekbones or a more slender face — as gay,” said the study, “conservatives also made up their minds about an individual's sexual preference much more quickly than liberals did, overall — again, relying on nothing more than facial features.”
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 0 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 45 min 56 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 49 min 56 sec ago
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 3:07 PM
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 3:02 PM
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2:53 PM
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2:49 PM