Paul Ryan Suggests That America Only Values Straight Marriages
BY Michelle Garcia
September 25 2012 3:06 PM ET
Mitt Romney's running mate Paul Ryan was asked about his stance on marriage equality at a rally, where he suggests that only heterosexual marriage is an American value.
"The things you talk about like traditional marriage and family and entrepreneurship -- these aren’t values that are indicative to any one person, or race, or creed, or color," Ryan said. "These are American values, these are universal human values."
The question posed to Ryan at the Cincinnati, Ohio town hall was not on the video captured by ThinkProgress. His statement comes shortly after Ryan agreed that "don't ask, don't tell" should not be reinstated, since countless service members have already come out to colleagues since it was repealed a year ago.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder