WATCH: Streisand Touts Obama's Record on LGBT Issues
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 3:20 PM ET
Barbra Streisand cites LGBT rights, plus women’s concerns, health care, the economy, and other issues in a new video telling voters why she supports President Obama’s reelection and why they should too.
Obama “has done more for the LGBT community than any president before him, repealing ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ and signing the Matthew Shepard hate-crimes act into law,” Streisand says in the video, for the National Jewish Democratic Council. Mitt Romney, she says, “would take us backwards.”
She concludes by saying, “For me the choice is clear. I hope it is for you.” Watch below.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out, Cops Offer Reward
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 18 min 24 sec ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 33 min 54 sec ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 37 min 55 sec ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 42 min 39 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Florida Group Aims to Build Marriage Equality Support 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: The L Word's Kate Moennig in Ray Donovan Series Premiere 1 hour 36 min ago
- Crime Man Pleads Not Guilty to West Village Murder 1 hour 45 min ago