WATCH: Streisand Touts Obama's Record on LGBT Issues
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 3:20 PM ET
Barbra Streisand cites LGBT rights, plus women’s concerns, health care, the economy, and other issues in a new video telling voters why she supports President Obama’s reelection and why they should too.
Obama “has done more for the LGBT community than any president before him, repealing ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ and signing the Matthew Shepard hate-crimes act into law,” Streisand says in the video, for the National Jewish Democratic Council. Mitt Romney, she says, “would take us backwards.”
She concludes by saying, “For me the choice is clear. I hope it is for you.” Watch below.
- Twice-Divorced Florida AG: 'I'm Just Getting Started' Defending Marriage Ban
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- With Queen's Decree, Alan Turing Is Now Officially Pardoned
- 4 Most Powerful Quotes From Florida's Latest Marriage Equality Ruling