Fox News Doesn't Hold Back in Response to Obama Marriage Equality Announcement
BY Neal Broverman
May 09 2012 4:11 PM ET
Fox News isn't trying to hide its feelings about President Obama's endorsement of marriage equality: It claims he flip-flopped on the issue and declared a "war on marriage."
Rupert Murdoch's news empire has never been a friend to LGBT rights, but it made its position crystal clear after today's news that the president supports same-sex marriage rights. After the news broke, Fox wrote, "Obama Flip Flops, Declares War on Marriage." Fox has since changed its headline, dropping the "Declares War on Marriage." Read more about Fox's coverage at Media Matters.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination