Fox News Doesn't Hold Back in Response to Obama Marriage Equality Announcement
BY Neal Broverman
May 09 2012 4:11 PM ET
Fox News isn't trying to hide its feelings about President Obama's endorsement of marriage equality: It claims he flip-flopped on the issue and declared a "war on marriage."
Rupert Murdoch's news empire has never been a friend to LGBT rights, but it made its position crystal clear after today's news that the president supports same-sex marriage rights. After the news broke, Fox wrote, "Obama Flip Flops, Declares War on Marriage." Fox has since changed its headline, dropping the "Declares War on Marriage." Read more about Fox's coverage at Media Matters.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong