BY Neal Broverman
July 16 2012 1:14 PM ET
CNN caught up with 1970s TV star Jimmie Walker, who feels very strongly about same-sex marriage.
Walker, mostly remembered for the catchprase "Dynomite!" on the sitcom Good Times, is promoting a memoir. In his CNN interview, he says he's morally opposed to marriage equality.
"There's just certain traditions that need to be upheld. I'll give you the other side of it -- no, it doesn't affect me, no, it doesn't change my life. There's just traditions that need to be dealt with. I'm a believer that gay marriage should be passed because the battle is not worth the war. The gay lobby is very loud. I'm totally against it.
"In 100 years from now, people are going to go, 'Who was against gay marriage?' And I'll be one of those idiots and say, 'That's me.' I'm just against it on moral grounds, that's it. I'm as much a heathen as anybody. I just don't believe on moral grounds it should be done. I don't like it, I don't accept it."
Walker also shares his feelings on Jay Leno, with whom he has a beef , and Dave Letterman, bringing up the television host's past affair with an intern. Read the interview here.
- Op-ed: Pope Francis Has Not Made Good on Transgender Rights
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 37 min 14 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM