Obama Replies to Daughter of Gay Dads
BY Trudy Ring
November 05 2012 2:20 PM ET
President Obama has replied to the 10-year-old girl who wrote a letter to him thanking him for his support of marriage equality and wondering how to handle the teasing she receives at school for having two fathers.
Obama thanks Sophia Bailey-Klugh for her “thoughtful letter,” which one of her dads, Jonathan Bailey, had posted on Facebook, and says it makes him proud to be her president and hopeful about the nation’s future, reports The Huffington Post. He advises her to remind her schoolmates that “a good rule is to treat others the way you hope they will treat you.”
The president adds, “I’m honored to have your support and inspired by your compassion.”
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'