Gay Dads' Daughter Thanks Obama for Supporting Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 7:40 PM ET
The 10-year-old daughter of a gay California couple has written a letter to President Obama thanking him for his support of marriage equality.
One of the dads, Jonathan Bailey, posted daughter Sophia’s letter on his Facebook page with the comment, “Totally umprompted, our amazing 10 year-old decided to write this letter to Barack Obama, and it made Triton Klugh and I so unbelievably proud. And maybe we teared up a little.”
Sophia writes, “I am so glad you agree that two men can love each other because I have two dads and they love each other.” But she notes that her schoolmates “think that it’s gross” and tease her, and she wonders how the president would handle that. She adds that he’s her hero and she hopes he wins the election.
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Op-ed: From Closeted Catholic to Gay Hero