WATCH: Meet The Marine Who Proposed to His Boyfriend at The White House
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 18 2012 1:01 PM ET
Marine Captain Matthew Phelps proposed to his partner, Ben Shock, at the White House on Sunday. Shock said yes, making the two men among the first same-sex couples to get engaged at the White House. Capt. Phelps and Shock were also featured in The Advocate's Day in Gay America series earlier this month.
NowThis News conducted an interview today via webcam with the newly engaged couple, clearly still beaming from the proposal, which Shock said he had no idea was coming. Meet the grooms-to-be in the video below.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- EXCLUSIVE: A Chat With Pop Legend Dionne Warwick and Her Granddaughter Cheyenne Elliott
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All