WATCH: Meet The Marine Who Proposed to His Boyfriend at The White House
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 18 2012 12:01 PM ET
Marine Captain Matthew Phelps proposed to his partner, Ben Shock, at the White House on Sunday. Shock said yes, making the two men among the first same-sex couples to get engaged at the White House. Capt. Phelps and Shock were also featured in The Advocate's Day in Gay America series earlier this month.
NowThis News conducted an interview today via webcam with the newly engaged couple, clearly still beaming from the proposal, which Shock said he had no idea was coming. Meet the grooms-to-be in the video below.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 1 hour 26 min ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 2 hours 20 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (or Not So Best) of LGBT Holiday Choirs 5:00 AM