WATCH: Meet The Marine Who Proposed to His Boyfriend at The White House
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 18 2012 1:01 PM ET
Marine Captain Matthew Phelps proposed to his partner, Ben Shock, at the White House on Sunday. Shock said yes, making the two men among the first same-sex couples to get engaged at the White House. Capt. Phelps and Shock were also featured in The Advocate's Day in Gay America series earlier this month.
NowThis News conducted an interview today via webcam with the newly engaged couple, clearly still beaming from the proposal, which Shock said he had no idea was coming. Meet the grooms-to-be in the video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 11 min 18 sec ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 11 min 39 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 24 min 26 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 41 min 18 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 1 hour 14 min ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 1 hour 20 min ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 52 min ago