WATCH: Meet The Marine Who Proposed to His Boyfriend at The White House
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 18 2012 12:01 PM ET
Marine Captain Matthew Phelps proposed to his partner, Ben Shock, at the White House on Sunday. Shock said yes, making the two men among the first same-sex couples to get engaged at the White House. Capt. Phelps and Shock were also featured in The Advocate's Day in Gay America series earlier this month.
NowThis News conducted an interview today via webcam with the newly engaged couple, clearly still beaming from the proposal, which Shock said he had no idea was coming. Meet the grooms-to-be in the video below.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Mormon Missionary Positions