WATCH: Meet The Marine Who Proposed to His Boyfriend at The White House
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 18 2012 1:01 PM ET
Marine Captain Matthew Phelps proposed to his partner, Ben Shock, at the White House on Sunday. Shock said yes, making the two men among the first same-sex couples to get engaged at the White House. Capt. Phelps and Shock were also featured in The Advocate's Day in Gay America series earlier this month.
NowThis News conducted an interview today via webcam with the newly engaged couple, clearly still beaming from the proposal, which Shock said he had no idea was coming. Meet the grooms-to-be in the video below.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media