Al-Qaeda Decries Obama's Support for Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
March 01 2013 8:59 PM ET
The terrorist group al-Qaeda has come up with another reason to hate the United States and President Obama: support for marriage equality.
The latest issue of Inspire, an English-language magazine produced by the group, has an infographic headlined “The Nation Standing on ‘No Values,’” which cites the president’s endorsement of equal marriage rights as well as statistics indicating that U.S. Catholics increasingly agree with him.
It also calls former congressman Barney Frank, who is gay, “a symbol of the American dream,” something that “appears meant to be insulting,” Mother Jones magazine notes.
“Let us all tremble at the thought of the infinite masses who never thought about being a terrorist before they stopped to consider Obama shifting his position on same-sex marriage,” Mother Jones observes.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Boy Scouts Timeline
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 15 min 20 sec ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 49 min 30 sec ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM