Al-Qaeda Decries Obama's Support for Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
March 01 2013 7:59 PM ET
The terrorist group al-Qaeda has come up with another reason to hate the United States and President Obama: support for marriage equality.
The latest issue of Inspire, an English-language magazine produced by the group, has an infographic headlined “The Nation Standing on ‘No Values,’” which cites the president’s endorsement of equal marriage rights as well as statistics indicating that U.S. Catholics increasingly agree with him.
It also calls former congressman Barney Frank, who is gay, “a symbol of the American dream,” something that “appears meant to be insulting,” Mother Jones magazine notes.
“Let us all tremble at the thought of the infinite masses who never thought about being a terrorist before they stopped to consider Obama shifting his position on same-sex marriage,” Mother Jones observes.
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 1 hour 16 min ago
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 7:00 AM
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM