Al-Qaeda Decries Obama's Support for Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
March 01 2013 8:59 PM ET
The terrorist group al-Qaeda has come up with another reason to hate the United States and President Obama: support for marriage equality.
The latest issue of Inspire, an English-language magazine produced by the group, has an infographic headlined “The Nation Standing on ‘No Values,’” which cites the president’s endorsement of equal marriage rights as well as statistics indicating that U.S. Catholics increasingly agree with him.
It also calls former congressman Barney Frank, who is gay, “a symbol of the American dream,” something that “appears meant to be insulting,” Mother Jones magazine notes.
“Let us all tremble at the thought of the infinite masses who never thought about being a terrorist before they stopped to consider Obama shifting his position on same-sex marriage,” Mother Jones observes.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes
- WATCH: Gays Want Everyone to Join Them in Hell, Says Colo. GOP Candidate