Hangout: Real Couples on The Supreme Court's Real Impact
BY Michelle Garcia
March 25 2013 1:16 PM ET
In the lead up to the Supreme Court's hearings on the Defense of Marriage Act, and Proposition 8 this week, several questions are popping up about how the court's decision will affect real couples.
Hear from gay couples who want to marry in their home states, but are unable to because of existing laws, in this live Google Hangout. The chat will also include couples who are legally married, but whose marriages are not recognized by the federal government, with additional commentary by The Advocate editor in chief, Matthew Breen.
Join the conversation later today in a Google+ Hangout today at 3 p.m. Eastern/12 p.m. Pacific, moderated by Google Plus's Pride Plus Community, right here on Advocate.com.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out