Hangout: Real Couples on The Supreme Court's Real Impact
BY Michelle Garcia
March 25 2013 1:16 PM ET
In the lead up to the Supreme Court's hearings on the Defense of Marriage Act, and Proposition 8 this week, several questions are popping up about how the court's decision will affect real couples.
Hear from gay couples who want to marry in their home states, but are unable to because of existing laws, in this live Google Hangout. The chat will also include couples who are legally married, but whose marriages are not recognized by the federal government, with additional commentary by The Advocate editor in chief, Matthew Breen.
Join the conversation later today in a Google+ Hangout today at 3 p.m. Eastern/12 p.m. Pacific, moderated by Google Plus's Pride Plus Community, right here on Advocate.com.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen December 06 2013 4:07 PM