WATCH: U.S. Rep. Declare Legal Polygamy Up Next After DOMA Dump
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 12:13 PM ET
Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert may need a new line: he declared on the House floor that the "holy quintet" of judges who threw out DOMA paved the way for legalized polygamy and bigamy.
"Once you move marriage beyond the scope of a man and a woman, you really don't end up with a good place to put a limit," the Republican said, adding a reference to King Solomon. Watch the video below and read more here.
Gohmert represents Texas's 1st district in East Texas, outside of big cities like Austin, Houston, or Dallas. His views are hard-line conservative; he's warned of "terror babies" and believes teachers should be armed.
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 36 min 20 sec ago
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM