WATCH: U.S. Rep. Declare Legal Polygamy Up Next After DOMA Dump
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 12:13 PM ET
Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert may need a new line: he declared on the House floor that the "holy quintet" of judges who threw out DOMA paved the way for legalized polygamy and bigamy.
"Once you move marriage beyond the scope of a man and a woman, you really don't end up with a good place to put a limit," the Republican said, adding a reference to King Solomon. Watch the video below and read more here.
Gohmert represents Texas's 1st district in East Texas, outside of big cities like Austin, Houston, or Dallas. His views are hard-line conservative; he's warned of "terror babies" and believes teachers should be armed.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating