WATCH: U.S. Rep. Declare Legal Polygamy Up Next After DOMA Dump
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 11:13 AM ET
Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert may need a new line: he declared on the House floor that the "holy quintet" of judges who threw out DOMA paved the way for legalized polygamy and bigamy.
"Once you move marriage beyond the scope of a man and a woman, you really don't end up with a good place to put a limit," the Republican said, adding a reference to King Solomon. Watch the video below and read more here.
Gohmert represents Texas's 1st district in East Texas, outside of big cities like Austin, Houston, or Dallas. His views are hard-line conservative; he's warned of "terror babies" and believes teachers should be armed.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 28 min 34 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 31 min 39 sec ago
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 46 min 38 sec ago
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 51 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Silencing a #SharedGirlHood on Social Media 3:20 PM
- Politics Putin's Top Priority: 'Equal Terms' for Olympic Athletes 3:15 PM
- Travel Wanna Go to the SAG Awards in L.A.? 3:11 PM