Video Featuring Gay Couple of 42 Years Will Melt Your Heart
BY Jase Peeples
October 26 2013 2:49 PM ET
Oregon United for Marriage, the coalition of individuals and organizations working to win the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in Oregon, debuted a heartwarming video at the Basic Rights Oregon’s annual gala celebration, IGNITE!, earlier this month.
The short film features Ed and Warren, a gay couple who have been together for more than 42 years and are fighting for the right to be legally married in their home state.
“We love each other in Oregon. We met in Oregon. We’ve lived our lives together in Oregon. It’s time for us, at age 64, to be married after 42 years. It’s time to make that legal,” Ed says in the video. “Young people need to know that you can live for 42 years with another person and still be crazily in love.”
From tales of their first days together where they met at a berry packing plant and buying their first home together at the age of 24, to the incredible bond they still share today, Ed and Warren’s story beautifully unfolds in the video below.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview