Video Featuring Gay Couple of 42 Years Will Melt Your Heart
BY Jase Peeples
October 26 2013 1:49 PM ET
Oregon United for Marriage, the coalition of individuals and organizations working to win the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in Oregon, debuted a heartwarming video at the Basic Rights Oregon’s annual gala celebration, IGNITE!, earlier this month.
The short film features Ed and Warren, a gay couple who have been together for more than 42 years and are fighting for the right to be legally married in their home state.
“We love each other in Oregon. We met in Oregon. We’ve lived our lives together in Oregon. It’s time for us, at age 64, to be married after 42 years. It’s time to make that legal,” Ed says in the video. “Young people need to know that you can live for 42 years with another person and still be crazily in love.”
From tales of their first days together where they met at a berry packing plant and buying their first home together at the age of 24, to the incredible bond they still share today, Ed and Warren’s story beautifully unfolds in the video below.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 2 hours 38 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM