PHOTOS: We're Getting Married in Oregon
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 20 2014 1:20 PM ET
After years of campaigning and lawsuits that made their way to federal courts, U.S. District Court Judge Michael McShane ruled Monday that denying Oregon same-sex couples the right to marry is unconstitutional. With the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denying a motion to stay the decision, gay and lesbian couples from Portland to Pendleton to Klamath Falls are exercising their right to marry. Here are some photos of couples ready to make the leap:
Certificate in hand and ready to wed.
The plaintiff couples and legal team challenging Oregon's marriage ban celebrate together after a federal judge denied the antigay National Organization for Marriage's motion to intervene earlier this month. With Lake James Perriguey, Jeana Frazzini, Misha Isaak, Deanna and Janine Geiger-Nelson, and Ben West.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' is Destroying Marriage
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights