Fox Anchor Calls Maddow An 'Angry Young Man'
BY Michelle Garcia
November 09 2012 6:32 PM ET
An anchor for a Fox affiliate in Cincinnati, Ohio called lesbian MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow "such an angry young man" on her Facebook page last month.
Tricia Macke was taken to task by followers and asked to apologize. "You are right," she wrote. "I am sorry. I should have said 'antagonistic.'"
GLAAD President Herndon Graddick said that Macke owes an apology to Fox 19 viewers, as well as "young people in Ohio who are subjected to unfair bullying and harassment like this on a daily basis."
The exchange has been removed from her Facebook page, but a follower took a screenshot of the post, which was obtained by Equality Ohio and GLAAD.
GLAAD and Equality Ohio and GLAAD are also circulating a petition, asking the station to condemn Macke's remarks.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM