Fox Anchor Calls Maddow An 'Angry Young Man'
BY Michelle Garcia
November 09 2012 5:32 PM ET
An anchor for a Fox affiliate in Cincinnati, Ohio called lesbian MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow "such an angry young man" on her Facebook page last month.
Tricia Macke was taken to task by followers and asked to apologize. "You are right," she wrote. "I am sorry. I should have said 'antagonistic.'"
GLAAD President Herndon Graddick said that Macke owes an apology to Fox 19 viewers, as well as "young people in Ohio who are subjected to unfair bullying and harassment like this on a daily basis."
The exchange has been removed from her Facebook page, but a follower took a screenshot of the post, which was obtained by Equality Ohio and GLAAD.
GLAAD and Equality Ohio and GLAAD are also circulating a petition, asking the station to condemn Macke's remarks.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 1 hour 11 min ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 1 hour 41 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM