WATCH: 'God Made a Gay Man' Proclaims 'It's Great to Be Gay'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 14 2013 3:27 PM ET
Inspired by the Dodge Ram Super Bowl commercial "God Made a Farmer," gay magazine Crew has produced a touching tribute to the strength of gay men, appropriately titled "So God Made a Gay Man."
Opening with a phrase reminiscent of the book of Genesis, the video declares that on the eighth day, God made a gay man, and said "I need someone with a will strong enough to rustle rejection from those who love him, to repel the abuse from those who condemn him, wish him ill, call him 'fairy,' and 'flamer, and 'freak,' and 'faggot.' And yet, someone forgiving enough to open his arms when they finally understand his heart and soul are no different from their own. So God made a gay man."
Watch the video below.
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- Op-ed: We Must End PrEP Segregation