Furor Over Timberlake-Biel Wedding Video Mocking Homeless, Trans People
BY Nazly Siadate
October 25 2012 4:55 PM ET
Congratulations to newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel — from your friends on Skid Row?
Apparently everyone is sending the happy couple warm wishes on their recent nuptials, even their homeless and transgender friends found on the streets of Los Angeles. Gawker obtained a video made by one of Timberlake's closest friends, L.A. real estate agent Justin Huchel, who debuted his directorial skills with an effort that was supposed to be funny but instead came off as strange, sad, and mean-spirited. Reaction was swift and mostly angry on social media.
The video, now removed from Gawker due to litigation threats from Huchel’s legal representation, depicts toothless, shirtless street people sending their love to Timberlake and Biel. One transgender woman jokingly warns Biel to keep a close eye on her husband. The people featured even offer their regrets for not being able to make it to the couple’s wedding, which reportedly cost $6.5 million, at the Borgo Egnazia resort in Puglia, Italy.
Whatever point this prank was intended to make, it all came as a surprise to the married couple when they watched it for the first time with their guests at the wedding.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6