Furor Over Timberlake-Biel Wedding Video Mocking Homeless, Trans People
BY Nazly Siadate
October 25 2012 5:55 PM ET
Congratulations to newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel — from your friends on Skid Row?
Apparently everyone is sending the happy couple warm wishes on their recent nuptials, even their homeless and transgender friends found on the streets of Los Angeles. Gawker obtained a video made by one of Timberlake's closest friends, L.A. real estate agent Justin Huchel, who debuted his directorial skills with an effort that was supposed to be funny but instead came off as strange, sad, and mean-spirited. Reaction was swift and mostly angry on social media.
The video, now removed from Gawker due to litigation threats from Huchel’s legal representation, depicts toothless, shirtless street people sending their love to Timberlake and Biel. One transgender woman jokingly warns Biel to keep a close eye on her husband. The people featured even offer their regrets for not being able to make it to the couple’s wedding, which reportedly cost $6.5 million, at the Borgo Egnazia resort in Puglia, Italy.
Whatever point this prank was intended to make, it all came as a surprise to the married couple when they watched it for the first time with their guests at the wedding.
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM