Furor Over Timberlake-Biel Wedding Video Mocking Homeless, Trans People
BY Nazly Siadate
October 25 2012 5:55 PM ET
Congratulations to newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel — from your friends on Skid Row?
Apparently everyone is sending the happy couple warm wishes on their recent nuptials, even their homeless and transgender friends found on the streets of Los Angeles. Gawker obtained a video made by one of Timberlake's closest friends, L.A. real estate agent Justin Huchel, who debuted his directorial skills with an effort that was supposed to be funny but instead came off as strange, sad, and mean-spirited. Reaction was swift and mostly angry on social media.
The video, now removed from Gawker due to litigation threats from Huchel’s legal representation, depicts toothless, shirtless street people sending their love to Timberlake and Biel. One transgender woman jokingly warns Biel to keep a close eye on her husband. The people featured even offer their regrets for not being able to make it to the couple’s wedding, which reportedly cost $6.5 million, at the Borgo Egnazia resort in Puglia, Italy.
Whatever point this prank was intended to make, it all came as a surprise to the married couple when they watched it for the first time with their guests at the wedding.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Senate: ENDA Gains 51st Cosponsor
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 2 hours 41 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM