LGBT Activist Goes Missing in Buffalo, Community Rallies
BY Parker Marie Molloy
December 21 2013 1:08 PM ET
Frank Goldberg, a 36-year-old activist for LGBT groups in Buffalo, New York, has been missing since Monday evening. Goldberg, who identifies as genderqueer, prefers the use of feminine pronouns, and is described as being 5'5" tall, 150 pounds, having "a tomboy-ish appearance with short, graying blond hair."
Goldberg was last seen wearing a green canvas coat, and may have a black knit cap with a yarn mohawk in her possession.
Harmony Goldberg — Frank’s sister — released a statement through the “Help Find Frank Goldberg” Facebook page:
“Frank is a loving and strong person, and she is valued deeply by the people in her life. She is both gruff and gentle. She loves taking care of animals, especially cats. She has been an activist and an advocate in the LGBT community for many years, helping to build a transgender support group at Buffalo’s Pride Center, which has been a valuable space of support and community for dozens of people.
She also has a long history of providing support and services for people with addictions and with harm reduction work in particular. Frank took her wallet that contained her identification and some cash, but she does not have her phone with her.”
Community members have taken to the streets of Buffalo, looking for clues about Goldberg's disappearance.
The statement goes on to ask that anyone with information related to the disappearance of Frank Goldberg to contact the family by e-mailing [email protected].
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM