WATCH: A Trans Dad on Telling His Kids About Gender
BY Neal Broverman
June 14 2014 12:51 PM ET
Willy Wilkinson, an author, public health consultant, and father of three, is the Transgender Law Center's 2014 Claire Skiffington Vanguard Awardee. The 51-year-old will be honored for his contributions to the LGBT movement at TLC's 12th anniversary celebration on October 2 in San Francisco. In honor of Father's Day, Wilkinson filmed a video about his experience as a transgender father and described how his children embrace his gender nonconformity; watch below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer