WATCH: A Trans Dad on Telling His Kids About Gender
BY Neal Broverman
June 14 2014 12:51 PM ET
Willy Wilkinson, an author, public health consultant, and father of three, is the Transgender Law Center's 2014 Claire Skiffington Vanguard Awardee. The 51-year-old will be honored for his contributions to the LGBT movement at TLC's 12th anniversary celebration on October 2 in San Francisco. In honor of Father's Day, Wilkinson filmed a video about his experience as a transgender father and described how his children embrace his gender nonconformity; watch below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'