WATCH: Antigay Protesters Get Shut Down at Albuquerque Pride Celebration
BY Jase Peeples
July 02 2013 3:49 PM ET
With the Supreme Court ruling in favor of marriage equality last week, LGBT Americans have had much to celebrate in the final days of Pride month.
However, a small antigay protest group was determined to sour the celebration taking place in Albuquerque over the weekend.
The so-called Christian protesters carried picket signs, and one even had a gun strapped to his belt. They attempted to set up at the end of Albuquerque’s LGBT Pride parade route, but the crowd quickly shouted them down, resulting in a police escort removing the hateful group from the scene.
Watch the events unfold in the video below.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet