WATCH: Ben Cohen Strips for Charity Calendar Shoot
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 13 2012 6:22 PM ET
Ben Cohen strips, works out, and continues his tireless work as a straight ally with a provocative new photo shoot for a calendar that will benefit his anti-LGBT-bullying foundation.
In July the former rugby superstar told the U.K.'s Gay Times that he chose to support gay causes after he retired because he was “in a privileged position. I had a great following in the gay community so I started breaking down those stereotypes when I was still playing rugby. And it got to a point where I decided I wanted to do something more, which is when we set up the foundation. But I didn’t realize how powerful retiring for a cause would be.”
Proceeds from his 2013 calendar will go to the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation, which aims at combating homophobia and antigay bullying.
Watch the video below.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.