Project Runway Fan Favorite Andy South Comes Out as Transgender
BY Michelle Garcia
June 27 2012 7:11 PM ET
Project Runway season 8 contestant Andy South announced that she is now living life as a woman, under the name Nong Ariyaphon Southiphong.
Southiphong, a fan favorite during her season, made the announcement by changing her gender on Facebook as female, and thanking friends and family for their support.
"Much has changed in a year," she said on Facebook according to RadarOnline. "I am blessed to be accepted and welcomed just the way I am. May that love flow through me and onto many others. Live in love for the world that needs it."
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 40 min 25 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 14 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 14 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 14 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM