Toddler Barred from Christian Pre-School For Having Gay Dads
BY Michelle Garcia
July 31 2012 2:55 PM ET
A Christian school has rejected admission to a 3-year-old child because the his parents are a gay couple.
The parents told KOAT News that they wanted their son to have a good faith-based education, but Hope Christian School administrators in Albequerque, N.M., told them that "Same-gender couples are inconsistent with scriptural lifestyle and biblical teachings," and that the child's home life doesn't reflect the school's vision of a Biblical family lifestyle."
The administrators argued that they could make such an exclusion because the school is private. However KOAT reports that the school will receive more than $61,000 from the federal government this year.
Watch the full KOAT report below:
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- WATCH: Meet the Gay Couple Who Challenged Singapore's Sodomy Ban