Toddler Barred from Christian Pre-School For Having Gay Dads
BY Michelle Garcia
July 31 2012 1:55 PM ET
A Christian school has rejected admission to a 3-year-old child because the his parents are a gay couple.
The parents told KOAT News that they wanted their son to have a good faith-based education, but Hope Christian School administrators in Albequerque, N.M., told them that "Same-gender couples are inconsistent with scriptural lifestyle and biblical teachings," and that the child's home life doesn't reflect the school's vision of a Biblical family lifestyle."
The administrators argued that they could make such an exclusion because the school is private. However KOAT reports that the school will receive more than $61,000 from the federal government this year.
Watch the full KOAT report below:
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View