Toddler Barred from Christian Pre-School For Having Gay Dads
BY Michelle Garcia
July 31 2012 1:55 PM ET
A Christian school has rejected admission to a 3-year-old child because the his parents are a gay couple.
The parents told KOAT News that they wanted their son to have a good faith-based education, but Hope Christian School administrators in Albequerque, N.M., told them that "Same-gender couples are inconsistent with scriptural lifestyle and biblical teachings," and that the child's home life doesn't reflect the school's vision of a Biblical family lifestyle."
The administrators argued that they could make such an exclusion because the school is private. However KOAT reports that the school will receive more than $61,000 from the federal government this year.
Watch the full KOAT report below:
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations