VIDEO: "News" Program Explores Horrors of Gay-Inclusive Education
BY Neal Broverman
August 10 2013 7:34 PM ET
A program sponsored by the homophobic Focus on the Family group works to rally its troops against education that promotes LGBT tolerance.
The CitizenLink show is part of the CitizenLink project, an affiliate of Focus on the Family that "provide[s] resources that equip citizens to make their voices heard on critical social policy issues involving the sanctity of human life, the preservation of religious liberties, and the well-being of the family as the building block of society."
A recent episode of CitizenLink takes up the issue of gay-inclusive education, which states like California are introducing in their school systems. The commenters can hardly believe schools would offer up math problems that reference same-sex families or that books about two gay guinea pigs could be part of the curricula.
"Yeah, so it's very Owellian for very young kids to just start familiarizing with them with the whole idea that a family has a new meaning now: same-sex relationships," the show's Candi Cushman says.
Cushman and host Stuart Shepard than urge their viewers to check out their website True Tolerance, which helps parents remove gay-inclusive lessons. Watch their advice to homophobic families below and read more here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Boy Scouts' Ban on Gay Adults Lifted
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial